Friday, July 17, 2020

Wrapping Up

I had scheduled a Monday morning move for the furniture that remained at the Garden. Unlike the last move, I didn't have any muscle to help so I scheduled a moving company.

Over the weekend, I went to my parent's room and gathered up all the small loose items and took them to their house. I also spent a moment figuring out where I would have the furniture placed.  

The move went like clockwork. The movers were on time, they were careful with my parent's things. We made a brief stop at the new place to drop off Dad's recliner. 

As an aside: in skilled nursing you are not generally able to bring your own furniture. They provide the bed and in the new place the dresser was built into the wall. On the assisted side, I could have brought all of the furniture that he would need or use theirs. I mostly used the facility's large items. I brought a few lamps, a small bookcase and a small TV for Dad. I had hoped their recliner would work for him, but it was one you had to push back against the floor to use and he no longer had the leg strength for that. 

I considered bringing their things, but their twin beds did not have head or foot boards so they were generic and the dresser was my son's. Those facts and the fact that I had moved them only three months prior discourage me from having anything I couldn't move by myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...