Monday, July 13, 2020

Closing Down Accounts

Up until now I have tried not to identify various people or businesses. None that I worked with during this process are even regional. But now I began to deal with some large companies. 

I made my first call to our regional phone company. They took my word for the POA status and disconnected the service right away. Same thing for the long distance company I'd never heard of before that billed them for long distance calls. 

For cable and internet my Dad had Comcast. I made an appointment to close the account and return the various devices they had been issued. A brief wait, a cursory glance at the POA and the account was closed. The person doing so did note I was short one device. I suspected it had been taken to the Garden. I got a serial number and a drop off location if I did find it. 

Sure enough there were two small cable boxes at the Garden, one on the working TV and one in the TV cabinet. I took the one in the cabinet to the drop off location. 

I also returned to my parent's bank and took over their accounts and had the mailing address changed to mine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...