Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Familar

Another argument I head from Dad was that he wanted to be in their house surrounded by their things. 

I have to say the first thing I thought of was the garden room at their current home that had never been used and was now so full of miscellaneous objects it was difficult to enter. 

But I also thought about the things they actually used, beds, TV, recliners, my dad's desk and bookcases. All those things would be brought to the Garden. When I pointed this out and asked what else Dad would want, it was another of those many unanswered questions. I wish we had had more time so some of the things he wanted could  have been identified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...