Monday, July 6, 2020

Pre Move In

I confess I cannot remember many details about the move in walk through with my mom. Did Dad come with us? Did I bring anyone from my family? I don't remember. I think I had her tell me where to hang some things I had  brought. The good news was that I didn't hear any more dramatic resistance. No one was happy, but no drama occurred. 

After this, I went home and had a small melt down. I had been hoping someone would be with me for the move in. By now I felt overwhelmed by the ongoing dramatic moments with my father. I was worried that it would show up at the move and I'd have both my parents to deal with. 

But the light bulb finally went off for me that neither of my family members, husband or son, could come. I'd known for at least several days they both were tied up the next morning, but somehow that had not connected with the move in. 

I had a minor crying fit, but came to terms with the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...