Friday, July 10, 2020

The Ref

Shortly after I had talked with my parents' neighbor, I got a call from the Ref. I had met him many times over the time my parents had lived in their development. He bowled with Dad and refereed high school football games, once my youngest had him as the head ref. He was a very likable guy. 

He asked me about my parents, and I explained the circumstances. He was also the HOA president so he was curious about what we were doing with the house. I told him, that we weren't willing to sell yet, and he helped me with figuring out where my parents stood on HOA payments and gave me the contact information for their treasurer. 

He also told me another part of my mom's stroke story. I knew that she had fallen and not been able to get up at bowling on a Thursday, that my brother had seen her over the weekend and she had shown signs of stroke  then. 

He told me both he and his wife had told my dad mom was having a stroke. Dad denied this. Told them mom was always like this. When they pressed him to get help, he got up to leave, telling them he would take her home to rest. That is when she fell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...