Monday, July 6, 2020

Moving and Whatever Can Go Wrong

At some point in the waiting with Dad I had heard from my son that something had gone wrong with the van I had rented. They were getting a pick up truck instead and it was way more expensive. 

I picked up fast food for my guys and drove back to my parent's house. Based on the conversation with my Dad, I assumed he'd be long gone. Nope, he was still there. 

And by now he was fired up. I heard he didn't think we should move the furniture until mom saw the place. I repeated our agreement, mom would see it with her things in it. He left, I snarfed food. 

I apologized to my guys for the delay on the TB tests. I and my son were supposed to get the truck. Told them I needed to make sure to pick up the test results so Dad could move in with mom on Monday. We decided that since my husband was there, they should do the furniture part. So I left to pick up the test and get to the Garden before the first load. 

With a pickup truck instead of a van, the process took longer. Further with me out of the moving, my son didn't think he and his dad could move my parent's dressers (huge and heavy). So I had them go by our house on the last load and pick up a small four drawer dresser my older son had in his room. 

They also reported to me that Dad had reappeared and had carped at them about the move. 

But the furniture looked good. Because I was left between runs, I could set up their bed linens and other small details. 

The down side? Everyone in my family was pretty well wound up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...