Friday, July 17, 2020

Antics

In the first week at the new place, my parents got themselves in a bit of trouble. 

First, my Dad managed to lock my mom in her bathroom. The staff had to scramble for a key. I suspect that maybe he'd tried to "help" my mom do other things he should not have as well. 

Then he'd brought her back to his own room and closed the door. The staff person up there was concerned since they didn't check with patients as frequently as on the skilled nursing side. 

They told me they'd like to bring my parents together for meals and events. I agreed. I admit I had considered the possibility that together they might be a bit dangerous to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...