Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Sleep Deprivation

Throughout the first weeks, I was having a very hard time getting a full nights sleep. I either couldn't drop off until the early morning hours or would awake hours early and be able unable to return to sleep. 

While I could function like this for a day or two, the long term lack of sleep did catch up with me. I never lost it totally and yelled or screamed at anyone, but I did have less patience as the process worked onward. This lack was especially when I was I was dealing with my dad in these early weeks. I just ran out of the ability to answer the same arguments over and over. My quiet snark level went up. I had a few moments of private crying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...