Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Alexa

While still at the beach, I put a call into Alexa.

During mom's stay in rehab the previous year I had hired Alexa for a brief consult. She helped me find the pill card pharmacy and also provide me with a list of adult day care options if my dad was willing to try that. 

More ominously she ruled out them moving in that year to independent living facilities with continuum of care options. All such facilities in our area had waiting lists, some years long. 

Alexa had worked as a social worker in facilities and was now employed by a private company that helps families find places for their parents. She also handled a wide range issues that nonlocal children could not do.

I made an appointment with her for Monday afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...