Thursday, July 9, 2020

Rehab and Martinis

By the following day, I knew mom would have to go to her regular rehab. The Garden was concerned her care level would be too high, and they couldn't do wound care.

Dad and I left for the hospital and while there we were told she was ready to check out. But we had to wait for transport. By lunch we had been told that transport was way behind, we should go on and they'd call us when she was on her way. 

I think I got the call around 430 or 500 PM. I headed to rehab. I sheepishly went through the intake papers for the second time in less than a month. They then took me to her room. There must have been other delays because she didn't arrive until around 700 PM. 

After they settled her into her bed, she told me, "Call your father and tell him to bring me a martini." I laughed, she liked her martinis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...