Saturday, July 11, 2020

Appointment

As it turned out all the urologists in our area were with one practice group. When I called it would be a month before they could see Dad. I passed. 

I called Dad and Mom's doctor, and he could see him the following day. 

I took the results from the Garden with me. I also relayed the mental health score to the doctor. He didn't seem surprised by the score. What he was surprised by was the referral to a urologist. He thought the number they were concerned about to be very low for such a referral. He ran another test.

Dad had also been having some foot pain which the doctor thought was plantar fasciitis. Cold packs were suggested. 

While there I talked with his nurse about upcoming appointments. She was concerned that if decided not to have mom's scheduled checkup, I cancel at least a week in advance. I told her since the appointment was in October, I hadn't decided. I asked if Dad had an appointment too. She closed out mom's information and opened his. Nope, he had had an appointment for his yearly check up and had missed it without canceling. I kept my mouth shut and didn't tell her maybe the doctor should have told me Dad's mental health was deteriorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...