Monday, July 6, 2020

Arrival

The Garden made my parent's check in amazing. They gathered a large group of staff to greet us at the door and helped get my mom out of the car. 

We made a slow progress to their room, stopping to show my mom places, introducing them to people, and making their arrival a big positive event. 

At their door we found welcome posters and we brought them into the room. There were a few details to attend to but not many. One of those details was to remove my dad's credit cards and driver's license as well as cash. I think we left him $18. He cooperated with this. 

I told the staff that my original plan had been to leave them on their own for several days, but that I realized I still needed to bring a few more things to them that afternoon. 

As I was leaving another resident showed up, bringing them a door wreath made by residents for new comers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...