Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Return

 I brought back clothes for both of them and put them away. 

But getting out wasn't as easy as I hoped. Dad told me he had not expected to move in that day. I was honestly, flabbergasted by that statement. Further, he demanded to go home and get things ready.

Now over this last week, he and I had talked several times about getting his books ready to bring with him. I told him he had one bookcase. I encouraged him to work on the project, but by Saturday, no forward progress had been made. 

In order to bring a tall bookcase with him, I emptied one of the two he owned onto the dining room table. Knowing his orderly way with books, I was careful to keep the books on the table just as they were on the shelves. Between Saturday and Monday, he had gone through about two shelves worth of books and marked some for donation and others to come with him. 

I told him at the Garden on Monday, I would bring his books the next day, but that he must stay with mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...