Saturday, July 11, 2020

A Two Hour Drive

At the end of my parents' first week in the Garden, I had hoped that I could turn my eyes to beginning to work through all the things inside their house. As I've outlined, we would eventually need the equity in their house to pay for their room, board, and care. Instead my mom fell. 

Because of the ongoing drama with Dad and my memory of that terrible Saturday when he got very angry and frustrated at not going to see mom, I felt it best to transport him to see her most weekdays. 

While each of them lived between fifteen and twenty minutes from my house, they lived exactly opposite. Mom was due South, Dad due North. This meant from the moment I left my house, I could expect to not return to my house for an hour. This was for a one way trip for Dad. 

The only bright spot was that their house was between where mom was and my house. It made picking up mail and possibly spending an hour or two in their house working on sorting somewhat convenient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...