Thursday, July 23, 2020

Visits

After I received the hospice news, I called family members that I thought might wish to visit him. This included my brother and my cousins. My brother could come over on his own, but I worked with my cousins who were out of state to help them visit. 

I prepared my dad for the visit by printing out a photo of him with them and one of their spouses. By this point I was aware of the possibility he wouldn't recognize them. 

The visit went well, although I admit I suspect that it took my dad five minutes or so to figure out who these people were. But they had a great conversation with him. 

We then walked down to see mom. She was, as ever, out and about. As soon as she saw who was with me, she lit up. The interesting thing to me was it was the spouse's name she said first. I suspect that since my cousins are male, she spent more time talking with the spouse. We had a nice visit there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...