Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Onward to Saturday

I decided going to the Garden didn't seem productive and was hopeful they would begin to participate in group activities. I knew my mom was a huge extrovert who had been isolated for at least the last year but probably even longer. 

I did hear at least once that Dad had wandered outside and that my mom had "slid down" (her code for falling when trying to get out of her chair.) These were bothersome, but I figured we needed to ride out some of this behavior as natural given their circumstances. 

I thought lunch with my brother went well. When my dad talked about leaving, I handed him the tablet from Tuesday and encouraged him to do that. He argued about doing it once they were home, but he was a bit sheepish. 

My brother also solved his TV problem. Dad had been able to get only one channel. Now he could get many. 

I could tell that Dad had unpacked his books. 

I breathed a sigh of relief. My brother and I grabbed a coffee and had a good chat. My brother understood that things had been difficult, but hoped, as I did, that things would improve if only slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...