Thursday, July 2, 2020

She Deserves

One of the weirder arguments I had with my Dad over these two weeks was one in which he advanced the argument that my mom had worked hard, been a great mom and wife so she deserved to go home. 

No matter what I said during this argument, he wouldn't let this piece go. 

No matter that she could not longer function on her own, that she was unsafe at home, that he could no longer care for her there. She deserved to go home. 

I even pointed out that I had asked her what she wanted and was working very hard to make those things possible at the Garden. He had no answer to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...