Saturday, July 11, 2020

The House Early

As I began to seriously work on their house, I decided that I would be wise to begin with things my Dad was not likely to notice. This way if I did bring him back to sort clothes or books, he wouldn't have another thing to upset him.

So I started in the kitchen, nonperishable food first, donations, and then a few boxes to be used at my house or by my sons as they set up their own homes. 

Next I began to get rid of nick knacks. Since the kitchen panty was now cleared out, I put things I had remembered from childhood in there for later evaluation. But my mother loved little objects and seasonal decorations, most of those were donated. 

Then I moved onto linens and bathroom materials. I found a mass of supplies under their sinks. My dad still had the bandages used on his ulcer wound probably five years in the past. 

I also found a lot of cleaning supplies for a house where a paid cleaner came to clean 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...