Thursday, July 2, 2020

Monday Back

My first stop was the rehab where my mom was. I was able to listen to the staff who were working with her. I got a particularly grim assessment from the Physical Therapist (PT) in charge. I learned this visit, there were at least three layers of PT staff. She was the highest level. She told me that my dad could not assist my mom any more. She'd looked up mom's previous visits and told me that last year when Mom had been there for her strokes, she'd told them that Mom could not be managed by Dad any more. She was suggesting either an assisted facility or 24/7 in home care. 

After hearing all this, I went onto my meeting with Alexa. She got a copy of the long-term care policy. she was happy with it, coverage was high enough to completely pay for an assisted facility. She and I also discussed what Medicare would pay for and what would happen if my mom lived long enough to deplete my parent's estate. (I did not at this moment know my mom's income which would be key in some of these assessments). 

Alexa would begin to make calls and circle back to me once she had some options. I set up a meeting with my Dad for the following day. We could go to lunch and then return to his house to look at finances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...