Sunday, July 5, 2020

Bank Part 1

We arrive at the bank, wait briefly and then see an officer. She scans the power of attorney Dad has for mom. After waiting a few moments, they agree to add me on Dad's say so, but I am restricted. I can't change the address, close an account, or add another signer. 

We also go into Dad's money market account and move $20,000 to his checking. This, I hope will pay for two months of assisted living care. I also hope at this moment that by then we can receive payment for mom's care from their long term health care policy. I am also grateful to find Dad has this much in an account we can get into easily. 

But there was some detail that we didn't have that evening, so we both have to come back the next day. 

I am grateful, my father never indicated  to the officer, he wasn't sure he should be doing this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...