Sunday, July 5, 2020

TB Testing

But wait! We still have that TB test if Dad is to move in with mom on Monday. 

Thankfully there is a drug store with a quick clinic just two blocks away. We drive over there. 

But although normally this store can do this in their walk in quick clinic , they are out of tests. The technician implies there is a shortage of TB tests. 

We go back to my car and I quickly look for other walk in urgent cares. There are two in the area. One doesn't have tests; the other, part of Dad's doctor's chain of clinics, does but you can't get one in urgent care, only by appointment. 

The drug store had told us one of their quick clinics still had tests, so I decide its time to go there. It's further away from us but we need to do this. 

We get there, I help Dad with the computerized check in system. There's a moment when I ask him for his house number and he can't tell me. I think he must be as overwrought as I feel. Thankfully my cellphone's got that detail. 

He goes in, after a few minutes I'm brought in to help with the paper work. The lady is calm and sweet. She explains things to us and tells us when we can have the test read. Not until this time (now after 7 PM) on Friday or Saturday morning. 

I drive Dad back to mom's rehab to get his car. 

I also tell him I'll pick him up meet him at the rehab for the discharge meeting with my mom at 11 the next morning, we'll go for lunch and we'll go back to the Garden for his intake screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...