Thursday, July 23, 2020

Break

Throughout February I was keeping updates at my parents' house on track, making visits, and finalizing the car sale. 

I had a tiny bit of break. In the fall I had started to sleep a bit more than I had in the first two months after my mom's fall, not as much as I wanted, but the average went up from four to five hours to six or seven. 

But much of what I was doing in the fall was physically exhausting. By the end of the day, I knew what it was to be bone tired. Throughout this period I was transporting my Dad to see mom and spending time at their house sorting belongings and transporting those things to final destinations. 

It certainly helped me a lot to have both my parents in the same place. The biggest gain for me was more time with my mom. While I was transporting Dad to see her, I felt I couldn't sit with her for any lengthy period of time. Between the time spent driving him to her and back and the work that had to be done at their house and in dealing with various financial aspects, I wasn't able to spend a lot of one on one time with her. 

While I enjoyed spending time with my Dad, it was my mom throughout this period that made me laugh. I missed that. 

Once I got to the point of calling the realtor, my own physical work at their house was done; I was less tired. I had time to spend with my mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...