Thursday, July 2, 2020

Moving Forward

After consultation with Alexa about other options, I was sure The Garden was our choice. I paid a small deposit myself and made an appointment for my dad to visit with me early the next week. 

Dad was clearly impressed by the place and told me he had not known such places existed. I had not been sure about his willingness to live at the Garden with mom, but he even asked about his belongings being brought. 

And I will give a lot of credit to the tour director who took us on our tours. With my dad she started her overall talk in the library. It was a beautiful dark wood room that also served as a resident computer room. My dad was very impressed. It's funny, I expect he was impressed by the decor. As a booklover he had always made do with inexpensive bookshelves (including ones he built himself). I wasn't as impressed because I looked at the books (yes this is a point of snobbery for me). 

He told me Mom would not come without him. 

I was relieved by his engagement and began to make plans with both Dad and the facility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...