Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Long Term Care

I began the process of long term care insurance for my mom. Their policies were from a Large National Insurance Company. The intake interview was a series of questions that took less than ten minutes to complete. The week prior I had had both their POAs faxed to Large National Insurance Company and had been approved to manage their accounts. Back in September I had paid the yearly premium for my mother; my dad's was due in the spring. 

About a month after filing paperwork and bills with Large National Insurance Company I received approval and payment for our initial claim. I was given an internet form that each month I could submit an invoice and receive compensation. 

Over time I learned that Large National Insurance Company paid for the month of service after that service was provided while we paid in advance. However, I could submit my invoices when I received them and they would be processed and marked for payment. Presumably since they told me it could take ten days to process a claim, this speeded up my receipt of funds. 

Large National Insurance Company has been fairly easy to work with on my mom's claim. Everything went about as I thought it should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...