Monday, July 13, 2020

Life in Skilled Nursing

At this point, I knew I could not continue transporting my father daily. I had already had to cut out Wednesday, the day I had a long standing commitment of my own. I decided I would take Dad over to see mom on Mondays and Thursdays. I would pay a brief visit to her after my Wednesday commitment since its location was near hers. 

After Dad's fuss at the hospital, I expected to have another fuss over mom's new room. She was on the hallway side of the room, the curtain between her and the other lady was always pulled so there was no natural light on her side of the room. Further the other lady always had her television on at full volume. I found she wasn't always there due to dialysis, and I would turn it off if that was the case. Now instead of an easy chair, Dad had a small waiting room style chair.  For some reason none of this phased Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...