Tuesday, July 7, 2020

UTI?

On Friday when I brought the check to the Garden I mentioned the issues I was having with Dad. The tour guide suggested that once we had Dad at the facility we run a check for a Urinary Tract Infection. She told me that sometimes those produced odd behavior and thinking in older people. 

I went home verified this issue on the internet. On Monday we made a note to run a test that afternoon. 

However on Tuesday, it had not been run because Dad's primary care doctor had not called back.

The Garden had its own "in house" doctor and I had signed mom up for this service because transferring her in and out of the car was pretty difficult. I had hoped to keep Dad ongoing with their doctor, but on hearing this, I signed to have him transferred as well. 

Within 24 hours I learned that the first test had not produced anything but a sample was sent for further analysis. 

I hoped something would turn up. It certainly would be easier if we could simply give Dad an antibiotic and get rid of all this dramatic behavior. 

But because he was now with their service their medical director suggested she also schedule the mental health nurse to drop by and talk with him. This was set for the following Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...