Friday, July 17, 2020

Later

Late on the afternoon Dad moved, I got a call from him. I cringed but picked up. 

He wanted to know when I was going to come get him to take him back. He wanted to be there for dinner. I reminded him he was now staying where he was. 

He then sounded very lost. He told me he didn't have a reservation. I could picture him standing in the very long hallway between mom's room and his and being very confused about where he was (even in the final week at the Garden he would often turn the wrong way in the lobby when he came in from visiting mom). I asked him if there were any staff around. 

I was happy to learn someone was with him. I told him they would help him find his room and we ended the call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources

Dementia early signs:   https://www.alz.org/media/Documents/alzheimers-dementia-10-signs-worksheet.pdf Dementia and finances:  Money trouble...